OPUS® Columns win awards for industrial design excellence
|iF DESIGN AWARD
|GOOD DESIGN Award
|CORE77 DESIGN AWARD
|Winner for Design Excellence - Product||Winner for Design Excellence - Industry||Notable Mention for Design Excellence - Commercial Equipment|
Select from over 300 resins to pack into OPUS® PD Columns for Process Development.
OPUS® columns are the result of expert engineering combined with deep industry knowledge and experience in downstream chromatography.
- Unique design features
- Reliable multi-cycle performance
- Robust GMP-compliant construction
- Easy cleaning and sanitization
- Scalable performance consistent across different sizes
- Performance maintained after shipping
Over 19% cost savings and up to 50% labor savings (~92 FTE hours) were achieved when using the OPUS® 60 column compared to traditional self-packed columns.
Glass column amortized over 20 campaigns, OPUS® column over 3 campaigns; 3 batches/campaign; 2 cycles/batch; no column repacks.
Substantial savings are realized because OPUS® columns offer the benefits that come with pre-packed technology:
- No upfront capital expenses
- Reduction of CIP and cross contamination
- Faster campaign turnaround time
- Operational excellence (reduce labor requirements)
Data presented are estimates and subject to change
OPUS® chromatography columns are available pre-packed with CaptivA® resin, combining the superior process economics of CaptivA® resin with ready-to-use convenience and flexible column size options.
OPUS® Pre-packed Columns for process development, formerly Atoll pre-packed columns, are designed for use in every step during downstream process development, including screening, process validation including viral clearance, scale-up and sample preparation.
- OPUS® RoboColumn for automated parallel chromatography
- OPUS® MiniChrom for process development
- OPUS® ValiChrom for process validation, including viral clearance
- OPUS® 5 for scale-up
- OPUS® CentriColumn for centrifuge sample preparation
- OPUS® PipetColumn for manual sample preparation